To encourage an opening out to the world through the arts
Specific objectives :
• Awakening musical curiosity.
• Offering a direct contact with different musical intruments.
• Inititating the participants to the rich heritage of North Indian musical tradition.
Development of the workshop:
1. Presentation :
a. Explanation of the traditional methods of teaching.
b. Explanation of the basic concepts of Hindustani music: raga and tala.
c. Description of the instruments.
2. Musical performance.
3. Question and answers.
Stimulate the interest of participants in new forms of art.
Become aware of the main components of the dance movement.
Allow participants to broaden their conception of dance through a concrete, sensitive and different experience.
Stimulate and promote the notion of respect and non-judgment with regard to difference.
Meet another culture through its senses and body language. Overcome embarrassment and fear of being judged.
1. Brief presentation on the history of Bharatanatyam.
2. Warm-up period.
3. Learning a few hastas (hand positions) and adavus (no basic).
4. Familiarization with carnatic music.
5. Introduction to the concept of interpretation and appropriation of the dance movement.